.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gayyash Al 'Aatifa

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Re: Nile FM

On the other hand, I must credit Nile FM for helping remind me this morning about the genius of U2. They have this trademark galloping anthemic beat at the start of so many songs like "Where the streets have no name" and "Still haven't found what I'm looking for" that just floors me every time. Makes me wish I was older when those songs came out, when young people around the world would attend their concerts, so novel and full of euphoria. Thousands in the open air, rushing with that deep and crisp rock gallop.

What came first, the spirit of the day or the sound that came to represent it?

I also heard the song "Fantasy" by Earth Wind and Fire. Oof. Let's just say it made me move like I've never moved before while driving though Dokki.

Remember now, don't judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home