.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gayyash Al 'Aatifa

Monday, July 18, 2005

Second Post

So much for a first post. I'm consoled by the fact that, given the impossibility of continuous editing and revising of previous posts, I might learn how to not fret so much about things I said or wrote. It's also nice to think that by preventing myself from making retroactive adjustments I might find my effort applied more squarely to the present, thus helping my expression to evolve more solidly. That said, all this might just be in my head, i.e. ay kalam.

But I will not prevent myself from putting forth the disclaimer that maybe my using the word lucid to describe my commentary was a little bit presumptuous. It doesn't matter, I feel a bit uncomfortable about it anyway and so I said what I just did.

Also I don't know what to do about language. I need to incorporate Arabic into my posts but also want the posts to be fully accessible to a non-Arabic speakers and the idea of having little translations of all the 3ammeya phrases doesn't seem so inviting. Rabbena ysahhel.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Gayyash,

    I have enjoyed reading your blog, and appreciate that you are incorporating Arabic into your blog! I am a student studying gender in the Midde East, and have not come across a blog that uses another language besides this one. I was wondering if you know of any other blogs that incorporates Arabic as well as English like yours?

    Thank you,
    Mikayla

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Aug 19, 03:40:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home