.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gayyash Al 'Aatifa

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Esma3oo Wa3oo, Nile FM Bywazza3o

Did you know that on Nile FM's competitions, the ones where you sms them the answer to a question they ask, you have a higher chance of winning the more smses you send? Not because they choose the person with the most correct answers (di teb2a habala bgad) but because there's a higher probability that the number they choose at random will be yours.

There are now people who flood the station each day with their smses in their frenzied efforts to win the free DVD's and CD's being given away. I don't know what each sms to the station costs, but i'm sure it's no 50pt. Somebody is making lots of money directly off of these competitions, be it the station or the company providing the sms service (I wonder if its the same one that does all the 0900 numbers).

What strikes me is that if I were a conscientious radio station, on the most basic administrative level even, I would find a way to have the entries feed into a simple program that gives each number only one vote, or one chance of being selected. But that's just me.

I'd really like to know what other people think about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home